Troubleshooting when using EMDR online
Who should attend?
Professionals, psychologists, family therapists, social workers, residential staff, foster care workers and caseworkers in child protection, who work with chronically traumatized children and their families.
In the past months many clinicians have been trying to deliver EMDR therapy from home and online. Many webinars have covered the basics of how to do that, but the reality can be more challenging. This webinar addresses more advanced questions such as: What if a client does not want to continue with EMDR online, how can I convince them? What to do when a client has an abreaction? How to manage risk of dissociation during EMDR? How can we do EMDR online with children? Can we do EMDR with preverbal trauma and very young children and infants online? The presentation is illustrated with video’s demonstrating EMDR online.
- Participants will learn about the Sleeping Dogs Method and will be able to apply it to their clinical cases.
- Participants will be able to identify when the use of the Sleeping Dogs Method is appropriate.
- Participants will be able to identify all potential barriers for chronically traumatized children to commence with therapy.
- Participants will be able to make a structured assessment of the potential barriers for their cases with the Sleeping Dogs method.
- Participants will learn to analyze cases by using the Barriers Form to discover possible reasons why the child is resistant.
- Participants will be able to identify the necessary elements of the treatment plan to overcome the barriers for their cases.
- Participants will learn how to stabilize children and adolescents as quickly as possible so they can start processing those traumatic memories.
- Participants will learn how to involve family members, even when they have abused or neglected the child and may have little or no contact with them, and when reunification is no option.
Register and pay
Australian with GST
Non-Australian (no GST)
The ICTC uses Tickettailor for registration and payment. Payments can be made with Stripe or Paypal and with Applepay. Payments with IDEAL can be made via Stripe. Multiple participants can be registered at the same time.
About the trainer
Arianne Struik is a clinical psychologist, family therapist and EMDR consultant, originally from the Netherlands and director of the Institute for Chronically Traumatized Children (ICTC) from which she provides specialized trauma treatment in remote areas, as well as workshops, training, supervision and research. She developed the award-winning Sleeping Dogs method, described in the book Treating Chronically Traumatized Children and teaches internationally on the treatment of trauma and dissociation in children. She is member of the ESTD Child and Adolescent Committee and the Australian Psychological Society EMDR Interest Group national committee.
49,99 AUD ex GST
Information & inquiries